• In the Spotlight:

Does your mom try to make you feel guilty for your decisions?

My mom is a professional at it, ugh. She even makes me feel guilty about stuff my BROTHER does!

"He's moving away from me. He never comes to see me. He never does this. He never does that."

O.O

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 8:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah I know what you mean. It's not everything but there are quite a bit. Except I get to hear about my sister (they live together) and how she's a mess.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My mother actually tried to tell me that I wouldn't have bled out so bad after giving birth of my second son a week ago if she had been there, or if I had actually flown "home" to have him.

So, yeah, I try not to talk to her. I avoid her like the plague, because with all her trying to put me down and guilt, she is a plague.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 8:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• no, but my grandmom did..... she was the queen of the guilt trip lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Sounds like my mom, that's why I just don't tell her about anything anymore!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• omg! so i'm not the only one? i feel sooo much better. i started telling her recently, every time she tries it, i'm like "no way, don't even try to guilt trip me again." when i was 8 wks preg my doc prescribed hydrocodone 5mg for ovarian cyst pain and she kept telling me that my baby was going to have birth defects. "how are you going to feel if he comes out retarded?" blah blah blah!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009