Ladies that tore during delivery?!

So, i tore maybe about half an inch..they did and invisible stitch on me..they didnt sew the outside just the inside..im scared that im not gonna close up all the way..its been 1week and 5 days since i delivered..and..im just wondering if any of you other ladies that had the curiousity to look down there and wonder what happend or what was going on...if anyone else had an ivisible stitch and closed up all the way...im trying to think of it as a "cut" that it will close back up..in a matter of time..im just nervous now..soo any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well my first one I had an episiotomy and they sticthed me up. I never knew how much a tore or anything, but it healed just fine and I didn't notice anything. My second I tore so slightly that I did not need stitched. I just did herbal baths and let myself heal in the indirect sunlight. it healed perfectly and closed up fine, it takes time, just be gentle around there until it does.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh honey, don't worry, I was scared mine would never heal either =] It's only been a week and a few days, give it a few more weeks before you freak. Your bottom just went through the most trauma it's ever been through, it's going to take a little while for it to heal totally. Just keep using the ice packs and cleaning it with warm water when you use the bathroom. I promise it'll heal. I know it may seem like it'll never feel "normal" again, but it will soon =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I promise you will feel normal again!! I was so scared that it would be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway, but as of now, I don't get complaints :P
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 8:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I had 3 MAJOR tears with my first and they even had to give me a catheter so my peehole wouldn't close up (sorry for the Mommy language, my Mommy brain is preventing me from remembering the correct terminology - LOL), and my husband has told me before that I have no scarring even. And I usually scar. I never looked myself b/c I am freaked out by the way stitches look, but I have no negative repercussions from it :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 8:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• With my second child I tore. My third they made an incision and the fourth and fifth they cut me too. As long as you take care of your "owie", squirt it with the little bottle they gave you and sit in the sitz bath if they gave you one it will heal fine. I did not look at my wounded cookie after these incidents but now I am curious. I don't think it will change the appearance of you but I know if you take care of it it will be good as new soon. Relax and nurse your cookie back to health=)
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 9:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• tangleballlover, that happened to me too!!! that had to put a catheter back in me too!!! it was really scary, i had 21 stitches and my son who is now 2 was only 7lbs, so to answer your question you will heal it took me about a week and a half to hill completley, it doesn't change the way it looks, i was curious and i looked it was kinda gross but i wanted to know where my stitches were exactly!!! just take care of your BOO BOO and you will be fine :)
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009