acne while pregnant

I've had some problems with acne, but nothing like i have now since I'm expecting, anyone else with this problem, and ideas on what I can do for it. I have tried several different things, including a script from the doc called Duac!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah, i am struggling with it too. i think it's a deadly combo of pregnancy hormones and summer weather. i have been using aveeno exfoiating scrub (i think it's called positively radiant?? not sure) and clearasil pads, keeping my hands off of my face (major challenge for me), staying away from makeup (makes me break out more), staying away from greasy foods and chips (also decreases my heartburn lol)..... i hate it but that's the things that worked for me. gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I would drink one cup of real soda a night ( when I normally drank diet) I looked like a pepperoni face until I cut it out all together. Of course this may not be your case but try to pay attention to how much sugar you ingest. And drink a ton of water!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I haven't had anything bad, but my doctor told me (I also looked this up too) was to NOT pop them, b/c it will spread worse, something with the hormones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• it's called hormones! your body produces lots of them while you are pregnant. i hope your dermatologist knows you're preg b/c some acne meds can be unsafe for baby. try avons clearskin line, it worked really well for me.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• when i was pregnant w/my son i had horrible acne!!! i found washing my face every morning was'nt enough so i started doing it at night as well.
    tylersmommy54

Answer by tylersmommy54 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My skin is crap when I'm pregnant. My doc siad there isn't anything you can do really. Try washing your face with dove soap. My dermatologist told me to do that and it's helped a lot... even when I'm not pregnant.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 10:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009