What is the best way for potty training?

My 2 and 7 months little brother does not want to go potty. He refuses to go, and does not want to listen. My mom tried rewarding him, taking him outside, and nothing seems to work. What have you done to potty train your kid, or know a good way for the him to start. I really need him to learn because I'm the want babysitting him :) please help.

Salma25

Asked by Salma25 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think that the best thing is to let them decide when they want to. Boys are usually around 3 yr old, so I would continue to encourage, but not force. Just let him know it's an option. :) I'm not quite there with my son. He likes to sit on the potty, but he hasn't actually peed in it yet. He's 2 yr and 4 mo. There are also some good sites online that tell you the signs that they are ready to potty train. I'd google that! :D
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 8:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My oldest wasn't ready until 2 years 9 months. I would wait it out a little longer. He knows it's an option, he knows he'll be rewarded for doing it, so maybe just leave it in his court, and see what he does. And give it a while. Sometimes, if they're being pressured to do something, they get that fight or flight response, and won't do it. Give 'em a few months with no pressure to think it over, and they come around all on their own.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2009