Stay here, just to be rejected by SO's family, or move closer to my family (1500 miles away)?

In a nutshell, I live far from my relatives. My SO's family not only lives in the area, some of them live a few blocks from me! Yet, they have made a half-a$$ effort to be involved with my 13 month old daughter. Even her own grandmother! I this it sucks that they are treating my daughter this way. I don't want to stay in the area any longer because of the rejection.

I want to move closer to MY family (who have not met my dd yet, but ask about her all the time), but that would mean separating my baby from her father. But, the longer I stay here, and the older my dd gets, she will start wondering why her dad's family doesn't want anything to do with her. I don't want her to have to deal with that. My father's relatives treated my siblings and I in a similar manner, and it hurt a lot.

What would you do if you were in my shoes? What do you think is in the best interest of my daughter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I would think about moving if it were me. An unhappy mother equals an unhappy daughter.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 8:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Are you with the father?
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 8:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My question is not wanting to cause an disagreement. Do you help or hinder the relationship? What is the history with you and the father?
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• crap woman go home. or talk to your SO, i guess its not my decision but i would so go home.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• OP

I'm not with the father any longer, but we're still friends sort of...he sees the baby on the weekends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• OP

His family has been told they can come over to see the baby, but they choose not to. I even had a b-day party for my daughter's first b-day JUST so they could come. A few came, no one really talked, then they left. That was 1.5 months ago, and it's gone back to "business as usual"...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• "I'm not with the father any longer, but we're still friends sort of...he sees the baby on the weekends. "

I'd head home.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009