car seat

Hi, my son is 15 months old and weighs about 20 Lbs ,He travelles in his car seat rear facing, I realised he likes to face the traffic, I am not sure if i can turn his car seat around.I live in Maryland.can someone give me info on this plz.thankyou

moosimamma

Asked by moosimamma at 9:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is safer to continue rear facing to the max rear facing weight of the car seat.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Its legal to turn him around, but its not safe. Babies are safest rear facing. Dont turn him around. I would rather hear my baby cry in the car than to never hear them cry again....
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It is legal to turn them at a year and 20 lbs.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It's legal to turn him around. AAP recommend rear facing until about 2 now. But I turned mine forward at about 18 months as 23 lbs. I was switching the car seat between cars and it's just easier to install forward facing. So it's up to you. If you are comfortable with it and baby is happy, go head.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2009