4 contractions in one hour-But they don't really hurt?

I know its a contraction because my tummy gets ROCK HARD, and I get tons of pressure in my back, side, and butthole. But its not like its HORRIBLE pain either- Just discomfort, like I'm having a period.
Is this BH-or labor.
37 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• count the contractions for another hr, if they start getting closer together and last 30-45 secs at a time and you get pain, then call your dr...
    calcarsmom1980

Answer by calcarsmom1980 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i had a period like pain when my labor first started
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 9:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It could be Braxton Hicks...

For me real labor was also not really painful. While in labor I was on the computer chatting with friends and then on the phone with my mom counting the time in between contractions. I even called my doctor and she said it's probably still taking hours or days. I was fine, had 5 minutes between contractions and the contractions lasting 45 seconds... But then the contractions came just one after another, I called the hospital, they told me to come in, and I just made it to the hospital... After 10 minutes in the hospital my daughter was born!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 9:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Honestly, I went through both of my labors with contractions that didn't hurt. There was just slight discomfort. I would time them for another hour and wait til they are a few mins apart and last atleast 30 seconds. If after lying down and drinking lots of water, they don't go away and they are regular, I would go in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• they sound like bh to me
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• If you can move around and they stop, they are BH. When you have to actually stop from talking while the contraction is happening, then you know you are in true labor.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 9:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009