Separate, Divorce, or Stay Together?

I am completely unsure of what to do right now and need advice. On a few occasions, I have caught my husband engaging other women (via phone conversations, text messages, social sites on the net, etc.), he claims that there has never been any face-to-face meetings in my absence, but I know for a fact that there have been. When I confront him about these situations, he can never get his story straight, but then begs me to believe him.What really gets me most about this is that he has never come clean about them on his own- in every situation he was caught, claimed that he would never do it again, but then did it anyway. In addition to this, we were having problems getting along before this- he can be very demeaning towards me, and isn't very respectful to my mother. On the other hand, he has moments where he's the perfect husband, and now that we are separated, I do miss him, and wehave a 1 year old son together. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Counseling! Personally, I would recommend biblical counseling. Anyway, if he is willing to get counseling and you guys can work through this, you will have a much stronger marriage. I would try that eoute first.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• the "moments" seem to make the bad times seem ok for a while, but you need to do whats best for you and son in the long run... good luck to you, god bless, message me on here if you need to talk
    calcarsmom1980

Answer by calcarsmom1980 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• From Dr. Phil, we teach other how to treat us, he has learned that no matter how serious his offense is you will take him back and put up with it. Also, the best way to predict future behavior is past behavior. the man is a pig, he has no respect for you and he will bring nothing but misery to your life. Also, is this the example you want your child to grow up with? That is exactly what will happen if you take him back and deep down you know it. You are having a moment of wishful thinking but wake up, you need to be a mom before you are a woman. Treat yourself the way you want to teach your child to treat woman when he grows up. As far as the father goes, do you have the time to wait until he grows up? That time is better invested in your child. That's my opinion but hey you do what you want just don't fool yourself thinking this time it will be any different.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Are you being tested for STDs regularly?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2009