fever?

is 98.6 a fever for a 2 month old?(just got her shots today, im just watching and randomly taking her temp to keep an eye on it)

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope it's normal. Don't obsess over temperature everyone's fluctuates during the day. If it gets to 100 and stays there for an extended time you might need to watch more closely.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• no... not a fever until100.3 really... i always give tylenol right before shots and 6 hours later... then anytime temp reaches 100 (she's teething now) But I advise to only allow the doctor's to give your daughter one vaccine at a time (at least until the first round is over with) otherwise if she had a bad reaction, how on earth would you know which shot the reaction was from..... one at a time allows you to make sure not to give a shot to her again if she were to be allergic to it and/or have a bad reaction
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 9:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Also, how are you taking the temperature? THe only acurate way is rectally.... I know it was scary at first to me to do it that way... but now it's cake... she doesn't mind it at all (just be sure to use plenty of vasoline
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 9:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• that is normal body temp for everybody

However I would still give her tylenol 2 or 3 x a day for the first 3 days after shots they are painful and irritatiing
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• OMG and DO NOT USE VASELINE to take a rectal temp you use Ky jelly and if you have not been taught how to do it DO NOT you could perforate the baby's anus ... you should know how to do it but if you were not taught please ask your Dr's office to show you how
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• the doctor told me to use vasoline and it works just fine
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 10:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009