ok so how would u handle this?

We have a 4.5 month old puppy that spends alot of time in the backyard (its a jac russel who needs to run lol) so anyways theres this family that has just moved in to a house behind us (our backyards touch but are seperated by a fence) and they have kids, one of them is a 10 yr old girl. ok so when we let our dog out there are these kids next door to me on the right that love to play with him through the fence so when i came out this morning to this mess i autimatically assumed it was those kids- i walked out and saw plastic soda bottles, glass beer bottles and plastic bags and the weirdest thing- chair legs all chewed up by my dog- i thought it was those kids so i went and talked to their parents- come to find out it wasn't them (embarassing) but in fact it was the new girl behind us- the father of the kids next door also told me that he had even caught this little girl and another little boy climbing my fence and up onto my

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• shed and when he said to them that they were gonna break something and to get down the little girl turned around and called him stupid- and then they flooded his yard with a water hose and started throwing rocks into his yard so i apologized to him for blaming his kids and told him i would talk to the girls parents- so anyways around dinner time i go out to catch this little girl feeding my dog table food- i have no idea wut it is but when she sees me coming she starts to walk away there were a bunch of people in her yard so when i was like wheres ur parents she ignored me and some guy says can i help u and i was like yeah can u tell that little girl to stop feeding my dog and to stop throwing stuff in my yard for the dog to chew on because i dont want him getting sick so the guy yells at her- didnt i already tell u to stop feeding the dog? and her mother comes out saying wuts going on? looking at me like she was mad i was
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• saying something- so after that i brought my dog in but i feel that i shouldnt have to keep him locked inside just because this girl is rude and her parents dont control her- what would u do and what do u think i should do next time (because i have a feeling there is gonna be a next time) i was thinking about caling the cops but i dont know if that will help or hinder eerything
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• You can probably call the police because she's throwing trash in your yard. I would try talking to the parents first. If nothing changes photograph the items thrown in your yard and keep notes of date, time, items for the police and make a complaint.

In the mean time, to keep your dog free to run but away from that hellion, you can run a line (a rope) from your house to a tree, and clip the dog's leash to the rope. He can run freely, an actually have a large amount of area he can cover, without reaching to the fence where the child can harass and feed him. My Dad had one of these lines for our dog when we were kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It may be expensive, but it can be cheap... Put up a privacy fence between your yards. Get a few 4x4's, like 3 and a bunch of 2x4's and put it together it's kinda easy, me and my husband built one cuz we have a trampoline (his aunt gave us) and no money to put up a real fence, but we had a bunch of wood in the garage. We dont want kids getting on the trampoline when were not outside. I'd hate to put a dog on a leash and you shouldnt have to let ur dog suffer because that girl is rotten and so are her parents. Until you straighten it out, I'd go outside with the dog. Cuz if she's hopping the fence, even putting ur dog on a chain is dangerous, you dont know what shed do.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• we even have a tall wooden fence but theres a part right next to the garbage house that we couldnt cover because of tree roots also the otherside (her backyard side) has a chain link fence and that is how shes hopping it- she climbs the chain link and gets onto the roof of the garbage house and then i dont know how shes getting down from that but if i catch her again im calling the cops because if God forbid she breaks something Im afraid her parents would try and sue so if i call the cops to have a record of her trespassing then maybe that would help protect me and my family i dont know- im just at a loss for ideas
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 5, 2009