Dental Question PLEASE help.. desperate!!!

One of my molars broke off awhile ago and I have been letting it go since my insurance doesnt cover dental and we have needed things. Now I am in horrible pain because I am sure the nerve is showing, I'm on 300mg of motrin because of another injury and its not doing a thing. Its awful!

I'm wondering if a oral surgery place will take me if I have no insurance and do a payment plan?? Does anyone know? I have had it hurt like this before and I just dealt with it and it passed. I know it sounds bad, but with me not working and our son, DH has college loans we dont have a ton of money.

Don't bash either or tell me to get a job.

I just need some honest advice and how quickly do you think I can get this taken care of??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Health

• i think most places will, whats the harm in calling around and asking? tooth pain is the worst and i know what your talking about with no insurance and no money, i think alot of us are going through it, good luck hon
    calcarsmom1980

Answer by calcarsmom1980 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Check your local hospitals for a Catholic affiliated hospital...most of them have clinics in them where they charge a sliding scale fee depending on your income...so be prepared to bring in current or recent bills and paystubs as well as birth certificates to prove your situation.

Also look for a dental school hospital...search for dental schools in your area then call and ask if they are affiliated with a dental teaching clinic...those are often cheap if not free.

Good luck hun...I just had a root canal done Thursday and now it's infected...I feel your pain.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 10:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I agree with both PP's. Call around. in the mean time, try gargling with hydrogen peroxide. It gives you instructions on the bottle. It might not dull the pain, but it will help kill any germs and infection the tooth might have. I had a severe toothache a few weeks ago. I have no insurance either and we dont have the money. I used the hydrogen peroxide for a few days and it went away. Granted mine wasnt a broken molar. Never hurts to give it a try. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Definitely try to find somebody to fix it for you. Dental health is just as important as your physical health. The other suggestions were good ones...I don't have anything else to add.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• First 300 mg of Motrin is nothing. I take 800 mg every 6 hours for a headache. That is the Rx strength of ibuprofen. Try more and see what happens. Otherwise, you shoud be at the dentist, NOW, insurance or not. Call a dental school or a clinic and see what can be done. Your dental health can affect your health too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Call around and find someone immediately.. The pain you are in will continue until you have that tooth pulled.. Believe me iv'e been there with 2 of my back molars and it only gets worse. Also, the last time I had problems with my molars I was on high strength percocets and they still weren't helping with the pain.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:14 AM on Aug. 5, 2009