As much as I love my boyfriend, and what a great dad he is to our 3 month old daughter, he is THE MOST insenstive man I have ever met (besides my father). I feel like he holds it against me because he is working and I am not. Most days are really good, but then when he comes home in a mood, I cant hardley take it. I need a break too!! I dont know what to do.

dorie84

Asked by dorie84 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I use to feel this way too...and I would feel bad if the house wasnt real clean of if I wanted him to watch the baby so I could shower or poop. LOL

They really dont know how hard it is to be home all day with a baby.

I never really got my dh to understand...we just made it through somehow...

Sorry I dont have any real advice...just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I went through this very same thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Your boyfriend is taking advantage of your financial dependency. He may be abusive because he knows that you do not have the financial resources to get out, especially with a baby. My ex husband became abusive because of this reason. I tell my own daughters to be financially independent before they enter a relationship because of this reason. If a man becomes abusive they will have the financial resources to get out. Wish you the best.
    Momof1015

Answer by Momof1015 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• He would never be abuseive. We love eachother deeply, and have a "normal" relationship. Its just I feel unappreciated sometimes I think because he doesnt understand what a freaking JOB it is to be up with her all night and care for her all day!
    dorie84

Answer by dorie84 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009