Would you believe him? Insight please!

Here is the story. When I first met my husband he was in the process of divorcing his wife. I did not know this when we first started dating. He didn't tell me until about eight months later that he was still techincally married when we met. We split. A year later we are back together. He claimed that he had only seen her one time to sign some paperwork and had nothing to do with her since. I had left my sofa with him when we split. I asked where it had gone when I got back together with him and he said that the frame had broken so he took it to Goodwill. Today I saw her on Facebook and there is my sofa in her picture in her livingroom. It said she was just recently single again literally a week before we got back together and she had just gotten her new apt that same week. Ok seriously would you believe him when he says he wasn't with her? Obviously since the sofa is mine she was over there to get it at some point.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh yeah and not to mention that same week happens to be about three weeks after he got his new house...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• A: looking at her profile isn't going to help you any... if they've got no kids together, stay away from her period.
    B: You left it, it doesn't matter what he did with it, but he shouldn't have lied to you about it IF that's your sofa (could be one that happens to look like yours, or could be that she bought it at goodwill).
    C: If you're that concerned about it... do what most people would do... email/msg her and say "this is the deal, he and I are talking about getting back together but I can't help but notice in your pic it looks like the sofa you have might be the one I left with him so I'm wondering what the deal is because he says....".

lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• The only reason I left the sofa is because he was buying it from me. He owed me $250 for it. It was custom made so it was rather obvious it was the same one.... He never paid for it.

They don't have kids together but I actually have mutual friends that are friend with both her and me. The only reason I thought to look at her page was bc she commented on my friends Facebook feed and I just happened to notice the sofa in the pic on the feed behind her pic. It wasn't like I was stalking her! I have no beef with her and by no means want to hurt her or start anything with her by emailing her. I'm just wondering why he would feel the need to lie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I'd be printing up the picture and asking if he liked her new couch? Let him explain that one.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I HATE liars so I'd bring it up in casual conversation just stay calm and hear his side (maybe you didn't need that, but I have to tell myself not to explode when I'm upset.) Then if the story seems fishy, then I'd get upset. There is no reason for him to go behind your back and be shaddy about things. You're married, meaning you share your lives with each other.
    mariaria

Answer by mariaria at 11:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009