Has anyone ever popped a cold sore?

Is it harmful to you? I read somewhere online that it wasn't.But I wanted to make sure.

nikkiJ86

Asked by nikkiJ86 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Health

• Why would you want to do that? Then it could spread probably not a good idea
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 10:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• No, it sounds painful. I just put stuff on it to dry it out so it goes away faster.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Well when I was a teenager I remember having one and got a needle with some tissue and pierced a hole in it but made sure the tissue was ready to catch the fluid that came out bc if it got on the rest of the lip/skin I for sure would have grown another. I wouldn't advice it unless you have a steady hand and ok with alittle discomfort. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh and don't forget to keep that area clean at all times wash it often so it can dry up quicker and use some blistex or carmax at night. If you use the ointment for too long you are not allowing it to dry up. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Go get some Abriva
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have a very low immune system and an extremely high stress level...So I get them often. Popping them really doesn't do any good. Other than spreading them if you're not careful...Abrevia works the best. I swear by it. It's a little pricey...About $15 for a little tube...But a little goes a long way. And they usually disappear in a week or less.
    AudreyPlusOne

Answer by AudreyPlusOne at 11:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yes, and it hurt and I ended up with Impetigo all over my lips and chin. Do NOTpop one. Just let it heal or else it spreads like crazy. I have used straight hydrogen peroxide. Dip a qtip in it and dap on the cold sore, Stinks like a b, but clears up a cold sore in a few days. You can also try Abreva (expensive but a little goes a long way).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Do NOT pop a cold sore.. That will cause it to spread even worse and can also cause severe infection as well as it to be extremely painful. Get some OTC abreva or go to your doctor and get a prescription for denavir(works like a charm). Also be sure that you are washing your hands properly each time you touch your mouth/cold sore as it's extremely easy to spread to others.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Ewwww
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009