throwing fits at 7 months old.....

how the hell do you stop them from throwing temper tantrums....or however you spell it....if the don't really understand NO yet......I mean throwing legs arms and whole body around with fake crying.... WTH

rowdy24

Asked by rowdy24 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-1 Credits)
  • I am discusted how so many spank infants. So ignorant. Parenting classes a plus.
    A little swat on the diaper and a time out. IDIOT!!! This is a BABY. I am with possible teething, tired, hungry, hot, wet. Clothing maybe too tight. When my 5 month old gets fussy, sometimes I just strip him down and let him be naked for a while. It's summer and sometimes the diaper just needs a little rest. Also, I will give a bath. Always seems to relax him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• spanking
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Try distraction. Mine is 7 months and has kinda started that. She hates getting dressed after the bath so I have to take a toy and distract her otherwise she twists and turns and makes it impossible to dress her lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• HOW BOU THIS LETS TRY ANSWERS THAT DON'T INVOLVE HITTING MY INFANT!!!!!! COMMON SENCE PLEASE...WOW
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My moms biggest advice to me when I got pregnant was "A 6 month old can throw a temper tantrum" and they wear a diaper so a swat on the bum is not going to hurt them. If you dont believe in spanking you cango put them in there crib and leave them for 5 or 10 minutes and let them calm down. I put my son in his Bumbo chair he can get out and I leave him there for 5 or 10 minutes and just let him have his temper tantrum then I'll pull him out and give him a hug let him know mommy loves him then put him down if he wants to continue then I'll give him a bottle or his sippy and let him cry in his room. Just do what you can and if they need to be in there crib and cry you know they are safe.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh my 5 month old throws temper tantrums also. She is such a hot-head. I usually just distract her with something else. That usually does the trick. If it really bad, I do a gentle blow in her face. She likes breezes and fans so that can get her out of a bad one.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I'm thinking that at 7 months this isn't a temper tantrum but likely he's hungry, over tired, having teething pain, or gassy. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and never remember a temper tantrum before 11 months.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Babies don't throw temper tantrums per se. They get upset because someting isn't right in their little world. Your mission is to figure out just what that is. Too hot, too cold, teething, hungry, too wet, too bright, too dark...all KINDS of things can cause this and you need to be a detective and figure out what it is.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son gets mad if you take something away from him and he is 7 months old as well. He cries, but I just tell him throw your fit mommma's watching you. And I will imitate what he is doing and he usually stops to laugh at me and then is okay. But there are times that doesn't work and I just have to distract him with something else. Its rough right now with this new idea of throwing a fit for me personally...so good luck to you and hang in there
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• disgusted*
    Anonymous