Help! I have a gamer for a husband!!!

My hubby is constantly on his game. when he wakes up before he goes to pt. then he comes home and gets ready for work and then on the game again. and when he comes home he is on it all night until the morning time. and when he sleeps late he gets cranky when i have an errand to run and he has to watch the kids. what can i do to keep him from so much game time. he is leaving soon and i want to spend as much time as i can.

oneangel87

Asked by oneangel87 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Is he on a pirates game right now? Wouldn't that be funny if we are complaining about our husbands and they was on the same game :).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• He is being selfish and a jerk you need to have a very long talk to him that is not fair for you at all.

He should be a shamed of himself.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• At least he isn't put bar hopping instead. My DH plays them too, and I am not going to lie, it really grates on my nerves at times....but then I hear about things others husbands do like cheating, drinking, drugs, being abusive....and I realize just how fortunate I truly am. Ask him to set aside a portion of each day for family time and then maybe he will see how much fun he has with all of you and how much he misses sitting in front of a game. That's what I did, it made an improvement but there are still times I wanna run the damn XBOX over with the truck...and then back over it to make sure I got it. LOL Good luck to you hon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• *out* bar hopping...sorry...can't type lol
    Anonymous

• Why not hop on the system with him? Go curl up in his lap and ask him to teach you...brought my husband and I closer together and now it's a new common interest. I used to think that I hated video games...now I like them *almost* as much as him and have found my own niche in games.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I understand I play with mine sometimes but I have soooo many other things to do. And most of the time I want to shove that controller far far up his butt, lol. But I usually just tell him that "I do not view quality time as sitting on the couch watching him ignore me. It's not fun." And he usually complains about how, "I never let him do what he wants to do." Which is soooo far from the truth it's not even funny. Sometimes men can be so freakin selfish but if I decided to be selfish for just one day whole world would fall apart... funny how that happens isn't it?
    mariaria

Answer by mariaria at 11:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• crazy . . . seems all hubbies are related {except the ones bar hopping ;o)}

I would also suggest to hop on the Xbox?!?! with him . . . Hubby n I have games we play together, but YESSSSS it still grates sometimes . . .

I ALSO agree with the previous poster about setting time aside each day, to do stuff together . . i.e. we go to the park with our lil one . . .

GOOD LUCK . . . let me know how you get on . . .
    SweetBee253

Answer by SweetBee253 at 3:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2009