Pageants

Does any of the moms on CM put their daughter or son in those Beauty Pageants?
I was watching Toddlers and Tiaras and was shocked at what I was seeing and couldn't believe the money they spent on those events...

Just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Entertainment

• No. I had thought about entering my youngest in one when she was about 2 or 3 years old, but now after watching that show, I'm SOOO glad that I didn't. That is just TOO MUCH !!!
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I fear someday my daughter will want to be in pagents, she is 2 1/2 now and so into dressing up and trying to wear my makeup, she is really girly. If she ever asked I don't think I could say no, but I would try to find one where they do not allow the girls to wear makeup and look like showgirls.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• No way, I think those things are really gross, and exploiting children- and something really strikes a nerve to me to have young girls in make up and skimpy clothes parading around in front of grown ups, I can only imagine the perverts in the audience.
    sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• There are 2 types of pageants-Glitz and natural. Glity is what you see on TV. Natural pageants lack all the drama, makeup, hair and overdoneness.

Million $$$ baby is a State wide pageant that is a natural pageant. Next local pageants are in Fort Myers, Leesburg, Bradenton, West Plam Beach, Estero and Winterhaven. Looking for real children ages newborn to age 12. Call or e-mail for application. State Director, Suzi Hosfeld at: 239-822-4661 or famemodeltalent@aol.com

MissFloridaUS

Answer by MissFloridaUS at 2:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have loathed "beauty" pagents for little girls ever since I saw pictures of JonBenet Ramsey!! How can a mother have her toddler girl look like such a sl** & say that the child wanted it? Sorry if I ffend anyone but to me it's 1 step above child porn to have little girls act & dress like an adult!! If Joe Shmoe from BFE, NY(sry NY) had videos of stuff like that he'd get arrested!!!
    I have no problem with the "natural " pagents as long as the girls get to be little girls!!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:27 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't like child pageants either, but I don't understand the criticism that the girls dress grown up or worse like sluts. I mean really, what adult woman dresses like that. People act like these girls are wearing thongs. The skimpiest outfits I've seen are little girls in ruffled two piece swimsuits, not exactly what I would call skanky. I've seen pictures of my mom when she was a girl in the 50's and she was wearing cute little two piece swimsuits. Some people really need to calm down about it. A child showing her belly button is not pornographic. Now the makeup and hair are a different story!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2009