What can i do with a two dollar bill?

Ok so i bought somethnig at walmart and the cashier didn't have any change.Another cashier gave her a two dollar bill to give to me.So now im stuck with a two dollar bill.I heard some places wont accept it as money because they assume that its fake.Should i give it away,or exchange it for two ones.Should i buy something with it?

babysyoungmom1

Asked by babysyoungmom1 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Frame it? I dunno. I see them as a keepsake, they won't be around forever.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• We save ours-- they're pretty unique and a fun collector's item.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• You can spend it or just take it to the bank. I never heard of that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• u can use them anywhere, they just are rare and are worth saving
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have a couple saved for each of my children in their baby books... we think they are kinda neat and 20 years down the road when they have their own families it will be neat to share.

P.S.- We have also saved Susan B. Anthony's, Golden Dollars, Etc
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 10:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Most people save two dollar bills, thinking they are rare and therefore valuable; they're actually worth... $2
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I would save it for my kids to look at. People have to accept it, it is legal tender. They should be trained already on how to spot a fake one.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

I heard they're rare but not rare enough to be valuable.Yet.Oh well
    babysyoungmom1

Answer by babysyoungmom1 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Any place I've ever worked at has always accepted $2 bills. I used to have a collection of them, but I got desperate one day and spent them all. lol
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i save them b/c they are rare. i used to work retail i gave a kid a $2 as change and he told me i was trying to give him fake money, he was 13 and had never seen one. same thing w/a 50 cent piece i gave to an 11 yr old. so i save $2 bills, 50 cent pieces, & dollar coins for my kids to see when they get older. i know they aren't worth anything more than their original value, but from what i know, they don't even teach that form of money in school anymore, so i think it'll be pretty cool for my kids to see it and realize it was used in their lifetimes.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009