How hard was it for you to go from one child to two?

I knew it would be a challenge but honestly I had no idea how much of myself would be consumed. My boys are 2 and 1/2 and 5 wks and I know it will get easier...but sheesh someone should've warned me...lol! Doesn't help that my husband is traveling on business a ton lately.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• mine is deployed and was when my second (who is 2 mo) was born. my oldest is 3 1/2. i actually think its a little easier than it was to go from none to one. except when i want to go anywhere, at home its easy most of the time, when we are out for groceries errands etc..its alot harder! especially since shes so young so if i'm in a store for more than a few mins she's gonna end up wanting to run around and i can't chase after her while pushing a cart w/a baby in it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It IS more work. I don't understand those that say, "if you're feeding one mouth, it's just as easy to feed two."
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I had mine 11 months apart. We were planning on it taking longer to conceive and were surprised. And it was hard until my DD (2nd child) got to be around 8 mo old and started walking a little and started eating more solid foods. They are now 29 months and 18 months and it's tiring still but they are easier to handle. I like having them really close in age and many moms have them around 18 mo to 2 years apart, ignore the dumbass before me. :D
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Having two is no problem---I had two girls 15 months apart and my DH went to SE Asia for a year. But I managed. Well, they were good girls, slept well, ate well and didn't have tantrums. LOl.
    I tell ya its really hard to have three kids. I found it difficult becaue I only had two hands to hold the kids' hands and it got complicated .
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• it does get easier with time I have a dd that is 6 and a dd that is 4 and I am due in Jan 2010 with my 3rd so going from 1 to 2 I think is easier then going from 2 to 3 but we will see in a few months lol
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 12:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I haven't found it to be too hard. My son is almost 2 and my daughter is 7 months. It takes longer to go shopping when I am by myself, but mostly things just work themselves out. My son loves to help me out every now and then, and we get quality time when sister is sleeping. They both just love each other already, which is something I wasn't expecting. He pats her head and hugs her, and she just follows him around the room and stops crying when he is near her. I love it. I am so glad I had them close in age. I will have #3 close in age to my other two also.
    Hrivera5

Answer by Hrivera5 at 12:55 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• For me its gotten easier with each child I have: boy 7, boy 5, girl 4, girl 3, and girl 6 months. The middle three there r 10.5 months between the top two and 11 month between the bottom two. It works for us. And my kids r always complimented on there behavior in the store. Good luck!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• For me, it was as simple as adding a second car seat to the car. However, my kids were almost four years apart. I will also admit that because I don't drive, I always have a second pair of hand when we went somewhere.

The biggest thing for me, that's caused a problem is that after my second something happened to me internally. But I am sort of short circuited, I lost all my patience that I used to have in droves at the worst possible time. Trust me when I say it wasn't my kids doing, its just me.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:23 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• bump.. im curious to this ? also only have one.. but have the urge to go for #2
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Having a toddler and a baby is totally different and so much harder. That is why I waited till my dd was near 5. HUGE difference. 5 yr olds can be very self sufficient. The reason I waited so long was bc every mom I knew with a toddler and baby seemed so stressed all the time. It wasn't too hard for me, I just love it. My dd can pour herself a drink, make a snack, clean her own room, play in her room awhile alone,do little things I ask like that and do them right, not like a 2 year old ya know? I praise her all the time for being such a big girl and I get plenty of quality time with him just like I did her when she was a baby, which makes me want to make sure to get her special time in for being so selfless even more.
    Chick

Answer by Chick at 1:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2009