making a cloth book, I have a problem...please help!

i posted earlier but didnt get many responses. I made a cloth book! all I have left to do is get the pages together and onto the cover. but I dont know how to do the latter! the pages are fleece and too thick to fit on the machine all at once. someone on here suggested I raise the presser foot and change the needle. I dont have another needle, so would it break if I used it? the material is very soft but 5 fleece pages together is pretty thick. a friend suggested I sew the 1st page to the cover, 2nd page to the 1st page etc. but that sounds like a big mess of thread. i'd rather not use fusing tape (I dont have an iron anyways). and I dont have any eyelets where I could use a ribbon to tie an end of the book together, plus the eyelet tool is pricey if i just used an upholstery needle and sewed the pages by hand, i'm afraid of the material ripping.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd use a quilting needle and do it by hand. The quilting needle should be strong enough for all the layers.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• ok and do I do a loop pattern like that of a spiral notebook , or a straight stitch
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Aug. 5, 2009