Does the bible say we should not mix races?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope i have not read that if it does.. Im married to a black man and im white :) and we love the LOrd and God does alot for us :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• no
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• No, it does not. Lots of people use the verse that says "to not be unequally yoked" as a verse against interracial marriages but it is really talking about believers and nonbelievers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• No.

A lot of people will take the verses in Deuteronomy (either Deut or Leviticus, I can't remember) about not sowing two kinds of seed or not weaving two kinds of cloth together and say that those verses are about interracial marriage. That's just not so. Those verses were literal laws that they were supposed to follow and had nothing to do with marriage.

There are several instances and provisions for interracial marriage in the Bible.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh here we go again for the 50th time this month!
    God seperated the people when they all were staying in one area.
    He told them to go and populate the world.
    God made us all the same......HUMAN RACE!!!!!!!!!
    All of our blood is the same.
    We are all made in His image.
    The only thing that seperates man-kind from God is the sin they hang on too.
    I believe that this is the same woman asking these stupid questions.
    I am married to a beautifully tanned Native American man and I am considered white although I am not white.
    My children are considered Native American.
    My son-in-law is Mexican and that makes my Granddaughter an extra dose of beautiful.
    God was Jewish........uhhhhh DARK!!!!
    God made man and woman and blessed them. Blessed them to go and have babies.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 11:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• bloodbought why are you being so mean?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• OP, do not feel badly, this is not the 50th time this has been asked this month. I've been coming here almost every day for 7 months now and have only answered this question twice myself :-)

I guess if it's something BB does, it must be from God :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• 8:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 by: Anonymous
    bloodbought why are you being so mean?
    ~~~~
    Why is the answer I gave a mean one?
    I said that God made us all in His image and we are one race.....human.
    If you want to address me can you come out of hiding and be a woman?
    I do not like anon. responses. It is dishonest and childish.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 11:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• NO....not race....religion. When you marry someone outside your faith, you are then pulled by the faith of your spouse..... Just as it says in the NT it is better not to marry because your faith and devotion to GOD tends to get set aside for your spouse and everyday life.

naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 11:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• The Bible tells us how the population that descended from Noah's family had one language and by living in one place were disobeying God's command to “fill the earth” (Genesis 9:1, 11:4). God confused their language, causing a break-up of the population into smaller groups which scattered over the earth (Genesis 11:8-9). Modern genetics show how, following such a break-up of a population, variations in skin color, for example, can develop in only a few generations.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 12:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009