i am a dork

so my son walked sound dripping wet from the shower and we have tile floors and I was wearing crocks....CRASh
I hit my head, back, shoulder, knee, arm, elbow, and hand.
My elbow HURTS, and it hurts to bend. and my hip, but I can walk.
Do I wait to see if swells or what?
thanks

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Health

• OUCH!! you may or may not have done damage to soft tissues and ulnar nerve (funny bone). Take an anti-inflammatory such as Advil or Motrin. Use an ice pack for 20 mins on and 30 mins off for any swelling and make an appointment with your general practitioner. If you get dizzy, have a headache, vomiting or are extremely tired go to the ER right away. Hope you heal soon.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 11:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh crap! you poor thing! If you can move all of your limbs, you probably didn't break anything. Babyboyzz has some great advice. If you hit your head pretty hard, I'd just watch for the signs she mentioned, in case you've given yourself a concussion.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Ouch!! If you hit your head hard, then you should go to the ER and get checked out, it doesn't take a very hard fall to have a head injury. Otherwise, I would give it a few days and see how you feel. Other than sore and like a dork. Sorry, been there done that although I didn't hit my head.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2009