Help get a weaing baby to sleep

So my DD is 10 months, and teething yet again. Yesterday she decided she was through BFing. I figure it is a good time to wean anyway. But how did you get your child to sleep during and after weaning? She has slept for a few hours but always wakes up and it's so hard ot get her back to sleep. Any advice ladies?

mariaria

Asked by mariaria at 10:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try a bottle...just a little bit in it....hold her like you are BFins and give her the bottle.....put it right by your breast...confuse her a bit....rock her, swaddle her, rubb her back, baths with lavender, keep a lavender scent in her room, it will fade soon......it will be tough though
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I agree with the PP, also try to relax yourself. I have found that if mommy is tense it takes longer for baby to go back to sleep and the more baby cries, the more tense mommy gets. I don't know how many times I have been called in the middle of the night by a friend and later my daughter, they were in tears because baby wouldn't stop crying. I drive over, send mommy back to bed and 15 minutes later baby is sleeping in my arms.
    NannyTracy

Answer by NannyTracy at 12:53 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• That's probably it! Thanks guys I'll try those out tonight!
    mariaria

Answer by mariaria at 2:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009