I just got a kitten, any advice?

I kind of got it for my son for his birthday present. Not really though because he is only going to be 1, he loves my mom's cats so I got one for us.

I don't know exactly how old it is or if it is a boy or girl. We just got it tonight and it is hiding behind the furniture and running away. I just assumed that is normal.

My mom said to keep it in the bathroom at night with it's litter box and food, is that right? If so, why do I need to do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Did you introduce the cat to the litter box first thing? That's always a good thing to do. It might be a good idea to keep the kitty in the bathroom the first few nights. A smaller place might make the kitty feel more secure. How do you not know if it's a boy or a girl? Just check. Look under the tail, no fuzzy nuts . . it's a girl.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• give it food and water and make sure it knows where to potty. leaving it in the bathroom or baby gated in another room with the box will keep it safe for the night. its probably terrified of your kid.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009