Way to celebrate baby #2 without a baby shower?

I don't need a typical baby shower with this baby since I have a lot of things from my son we can reuse as far as the big stuff goes. We really don't need much. I still want to celebrate this baby and get my son excited about the baby. Does anyone have any idea how? Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Throw a big BBQ and invite the whole family and celebrate that way
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• After the baby is born you could have a meet the baby party;) On the invites you can note "no gifts please" We are thinking of doing this for my good friend, because she is having her third baby:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• In my HUGE  family we always celebrate every baby ,no matter what # that baby had it's a especial blessing! and we must celebrate ,yes I agree perhaps you don't need all the stuff for #2 ( IF same sex as #1),but is so much fun just  getting together and celebrating! and making memories to share with that child when s- he gets older then he /she would see that he /she mattered,some times we waited  for the birth and gave the baby a "welcome home party" on her first day home , or a "happy BIRTH -DAY "party . invite all your favorite people and CELEBRATE!

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 11:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009