I am due soon and was wondering....

when did you see the "bloody show"? This is my first pregnancy and I don't really know when to start looking for it. I am three days past my due date and at my Dr. appt. on Monday he said that I was 1-2 cent. dialated.

mandarellee

Asked by mandarellee at 11:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have 3 children and I never saw it. Some women don't notice at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I never did with my 2 kids. It's much like your water breaking. Some do and some don't until their doctor does it for them :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i had my bloody show the day before i went into labor. its just brown discharge.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Mine came the day before I went into labor.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• bloody show is when ur placenta is delivered
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Bloody show is not when your placenta is delivered. It is a bloody mucousy discharge that you may see soon before labour. I never saw it until I was in labour, but as some of the previous posters said it's different for every woman. Just like water breaking and dilation prior to labour. Some women walk around for weeks 3 - 4 cm dilated, some go from 0 to 10 in no time, some have their water break, others have to have it done by the Dr. Good luck!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I never saw it with either of my kids.

And it is NOT when your placenta is delivered *sighs*
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 12:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Don't know if i would take advice from some of these people, one is saying bloody show is when your placenta is delivered....lol.... obviously they have never had a child! and the other doesn't know how to spell labor!

Now to answer your question, you should see it anytime now....GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Actually I do know how to spell labour, if you look at my screen name you'd see I am Canadian and we spell it with the "u". Not to mention any moms who might be from Britain who would spell it the same way.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2009