Reasearcher made up Autism Link in Vaccine for $$$... Thoughts?

Here's the link:

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/archive/2009/02/08/researcher-fabricated-autism-link-in-vaccine.aspx

I chose to not vaccinate my second because I saw Jenny McCarthy on Oprah and it scared me to pieces................. I ended up giving him some (started being more scared of him catching something) but he still has not had the MHMR............ Not sure if and when we'll do that one.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's all up to you. Research both sides. There will always be horror stories. I don't know anyone who was negatively effected by vaccines but I'm sure other have. My two kids got full vaccinations on time (not delayed) and never even ran a fever when they got them..no side effects at all. IMPO, I think autism is genetic and I don't think that it has anything to do with vaccines. My MIL agrees and she has worked with autistic adults and children for YEARS. :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My thoughts are that it's a parent's responsibility to research and make the decision that they are comfortable with. There are other reasons to not vaccinate other than the possibility of autism. I am sure you are well aware of that though, it sounds like you have done your own research.

If this is true, I think that there will be a lot of people with strong feelings about what they did, but I didn't make my decision to vaccinate based on someone else's opinion.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• What are the "other reasons" to not vax?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It isn't about the vaccine itself. It is about the mercury in them. Mercury poisoning has many of the same symptoms seen in children with autism spectrum disorders.

I have a child with an autism spectrum disorder and we vaccinate. It isn't my place to tell others what to do though.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• When my nephew was vaccinated with the polio vaccination, he did get a mild case of polio (diagnosed by the Dr.) and could not walk for a short period of time. That was enough to scare my sister into stopping ALL vaccinations. When she started to really research the ingredients they use in vaccinations she was dead set against it. (this qualifies as "other reasons").

I, on the other hand, have done my research as well and have decided to vaccinate my children as scheduled.  They are both healthy and have not had reactions to their vaccinations (that I can tell).  My Sis's kids are some of the sickliest kids I know (not sure if it is due to the lack of vaccine, or if they are just more susceptible). 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son is fully vaxed and no side effects, not even a fever after getting a vax. I never believed the research because of so much research that refuted it. Also, i watched jenny Mcarthy on Oprah and would never make a decision on what she says for many reasons: 1. She is not a dr. 2. I think she often says things that are not true and often proven later they were not true. Plus. mercury has not been used in vaccinations since 2001( I think). My son was born in 2006.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I say vax!!.... If all children could get vaccinated diseases like these would be ELIMINATED!!.... My son is UP TODATE on his shots and has NEVER even gotten a fever from one!

Sorry but if these people's kids (gd forbid) get sick from not vaxing, i hope they will have enough respect to stay the heck from my healthy son!! :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• "Sorry but if these people's kids (gd forbid) get sick from not vaxing, i hope they will have enough respect to stay the heck from my healthy son!! :)"

If your vaccines work so well, why are you worried about a non vaxxed kid getting your son sick?

I'm not worried about Autism. I don't see it as some horrible defect. What worries me are the ingredients in the vaccinations. Sure, mercury was phased out, but then they introduced toxic levels of aluminum. Some 20X MORE than the FDA "safety" level for children.
    Don't forget, even if your child is fully vaxxed THEY can "shed" any live virus vaccines they get, and pass them on to children too young to get them, or those that are immuno-suppressed. Most of these diseases were almost eradicated before we introduced vaccinations due to better sanitation, personal hygiene, and preventative care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• All diseases would not disappear if we all got vaccinated! Do you not know the diseases are stored in petre dishes all over the world for research and other reasons.

There is a Nationa Vaccine Injury Act that is in place to help those children who DID have a problem from vaccinations. It would not be in place, IF THERE WASN'T A PROBLEM. Some are blessed to not have any reactions to the vaccinations, but there are those who have problems - even death due to them.

This is America and we all still have the right to make logical decisons concerning vaccinations.

6Blessings214

Answer by 6Blessings214 at 1:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• we stopped vaccinating due to autoimmune diseases and reactions to vaccines. Please don't judge all people equally for thier decisions because most of us consider this very prayerfully with a lot of research.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Aug. 5, 2009