Do you ever wish you didn't get married?

Sometimes I feel like I just want out...for no particular reason...I find myself feeling like I could just find a "fling." I know this is wrong (plus no one in their right damn mind would want anything from me LOL) but I just can't help but think/wonder.....I guess it's mainly because my husband is completely non existent emotionally...we've grown so far apart.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm with you! I'm miserable!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• im with u my dh not only is distant but never home and when he is he starts a fight so he will have a reason to jump in his car and go again all i needed from him was to feel like i meant something like i was special in a way heck im only his wife the mother of his 2 children, but he told me yesterday to leave get out of his house NOT what i wanted to hear im going crazy tring to accept the fact that he dont want me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• No, I don't ever wish that. I love my husband. But marriage, like anything good in life, requires hard work. Think about it a moment. Being a mother is the toughest job on the planet, right?? But also the best. When I trained for my first half marathon it was hard, but when I finished that race it felt amazing. Maybe I'm being corny but I believe happy couples aren't just lucky, but they're hard workers. Don't give up on your marriage.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I agree cd, unfortunately it takes 2 to put in hard work to keep it going, and I'm the only one trying
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• yes and it's why I appreciated whoever created divorce! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 11:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I'm happy I'm married because I like the stability of it! At one point though I did feel like you do so I left:( My husband took a job that required tons of travel and we grew apart. I also, thought my life was boring and I wanted to experience fun things and get out more and find myself. Needless to say I came crawling back and am lucky he took my sorry ass back! It was a big mistake and I wish I would've realized how good of a life I had! So no I don't wish I wasn't married, but I do wish I would've waited and not married so young then I would've been able to get all of that out of my system:) Good luck to you!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Sometimes, yes, and for awhile, I wished it almost everyday. We were engaged when we learned i was pregnant and we both agreed we rushed to get married. I'd still marry him, but had we not had our daughter, we'd still just be engaged.

I do have moments where i wonder "what if". But, then i remind myself, if the "what if" had happened, my daughter wouldn't be here and I love her and couldnt imagine my life without her in it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• anon:34 I had the exact same situation. I, too, have my days, but I've always wanted to be married. My husband is my best friend, and probably my only friend, If I lost him, I'd be lost. He really does seem to understand me, and I understand him. We really are soulmates I think. Besides I didnt get married to wish I was single. It's hard being single, the pickin's are slim out there. Especially if youre looking for your perfect match. Men lie to get you in bed, you have to wait for a phone call that might never come. rejection, anxiety, excitement. All too much for the heart. Then you gotta worry if the man you like, likes your kids, do your kids like him? Is he nice now, but 6 months from now he turns on the jerk button? You already know your husband, get to know him better, WORK at your relationship. Tell him how hard it is to find someone else worth marrying, or even putting up with. List to him all your good qualities.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I got married because I was pregnant....If it were not for the kid I would not be with him!!!!! I have lost "me" have given up "me"...to be with him.
    If I were to stand my ground and be who I want to be....we would fight endlessly and he would leave. I have given up "me" to make my son happy. Somehow I don't think it's working but I have zero self esteem. I couldn't find my way out if I tried. I'm lost.

This is what staying in marriage will do if you stay for the kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Anon :58 add me because I feel I'm in somewhat of your same boat! Or at least message me so we can commiserate :]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:32 AM on Aug. 5, 2009