How do you ease a stomach thats always upset?

I have gerd, acid reflux, and stomach ulcers. I'm constantly nauseated and have lots of stomach cramping and pain. The doctors said there isn't a lot they can do besides putting me on protonix and liberax. They barely even help. I have Phenegren but obviously want to use it only in the most dire situations. I can't live on it! What are some ideas that might help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I know ginger-flavored things help. I always found sour things help (I'm referring to pregnancy nausea, but shouldn't that all be the same, LOL)

Hopefully other moms with similar health issues will be able to give you more insight. :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Try papaya tablets or the wintergreen chewables. Peppermint tea is helpful sometimes too. I also have horrible stomach issues and sometimes these things seem to help. I also try to use relaxation techniques....but since we are mommies that sometimes proves very difficult to have time to do. LOL. I hope that some of these things work. You may also try seeing a chiropractor to make sure everything is aligned, that can make a HUGE difference!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Stay away from foods and drinks that you know trigger your stomach problems. Take your meds as directed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have been working with an integrative medicine specialist for my son and his reflux and he kept him on prevacid but wanted him on a probiotic, a digestive enzyme and a licorice supplement. The digestive enzyme has helped greatly. It helps to break down the food faster and allow it to pass through your system. The licorice is supposed to coat the stomach and is supposed to help sooth any irritation. He did say it had to be deglycyrrhizinated licorice. Good luck to you I'm sure this is no fun.
    Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 11:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• check with an herbalist. there is stuff out there like an aloe drink that will help with ulcers. mint helps with reflux. I had what the Dr said was a start of an ulcer but it wasn't a hole yet the Dr. had me on all kinds of stuff I went to an herbalist drank this aloe drink for maybe a year and haven't had any more problems, but I don't know if I just wasn't that far gone yet.. I have in the past found an aloe drink with mint. it's very bitter but worth it, you only take a few ounces a day.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 3:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Papaya enzyme. You can pick up a bottle at a health food store or a natural food store.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• ME and MY family have been on reliv for the last three months and have found amazing results with it. Some other people stories have blown me away. Plus one of the women that I work with has been having stomach pains as well. Drs say they don't know what is wrong with her. She ordered it and will get it sometime this week. Not sure if it will help but after all the money that she has spent on dr visits, meds, and herbal remedies she said somethings got to help. I can't wait to see if it works for her like it has so many of us!
    workin4mhomemom

Answer by workin4mhomemom at 10:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Have you been checked for a gluten intolerance? try going gluten free for a few weeks to see if symptoms improve. If your dr does check for an intolerance, you MUST be eating gluten foods.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Apple cider vinegar
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Thank you for all of your answers! SusieD250 this is probably silly but what exactly do I do with apple cider vinegar? Do you just drink it or cook with it or what do you do and how much? Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009