Anyone know any tricks to help fade a c-section scar?

I had mine just 2 months ago, but want to help it fade quickly if possible! It's still pretty red and scary...

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had one 5.5 months ago. It has fadded a lot but if you look you would say "Yup, that is a c-section scar"
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i have no tricks to help it fade faster, but the best i can tell you is it will be slightly red for a few months, i use lotion everyday on mine. the first c-section i had it took longer for the color to fade than it did with this one. it took about 6 months, with my second, it was may 21, and its still slightly red and dark but has faded a lot faster than the first.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• LOL my son is 13 months old and it is still pretty pink, but I am also fair skinned.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 12:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Time. I had my c-section 3 years ago and it's still light brown enough that it's noticeable, bit it's faded a LOT.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 1:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Time, but it will always be there. The mark of a mama! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Time is the only real answer. Mine was 2 years ago and is finally barely noticeable. Even I have to look for it.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 8:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Wish I could help but mine were totally faded... you have to SEARCH to see them after 2 weeks. It takes time and it also depends on how quickly you heal.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 8:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2009