Any good ideas for a birthday gift for my mom?

My mom doesn't want for anything. For Mother's Day, my siblings and I put together for tickets to a broadway show in NYC (we live approx. 1 1/2 hours from NYC). For every other bday or for christmas, we usually give a gift card to a nail salon, mall, restaurant, etc. I don't want to just give her another gift card (seems so impersonal), but I don't know what else to give her. My dad gives her everything she could ever want. Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Holidays

• Does she collect anything? Maybe you could pay for a nice day at a spa or something. My mom collects Angels so I always get her new Angels for her collection.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Ha!

I was just racking my brain for a birthday gift for MY mom. She's like yours and can buy anything she wants.

My hubby was being flip, but he suggested a parachuting jump. ( trouble is, he said I could go with her! ha ha)...hummmm.....
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Try this, I did this for my mom and she loved it. Fill a bag with some of her favorite bath soaps, bubble bath, body lotions, a small box of her favorite candy and a new book. I call it the pamper yourself gift. It's not that she can't get these things for herself, but the fact that you took the time to put it all together for her. My mom loves to take bubble baths. You could also include some tea or another favorite drink and a cup to drink it in.
    NannyTracy

Answer by NannyTracy at 12:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Oh yes, or a movie basket! include 2 bags of popcorn, a couple boxes of candy, two plastic cups and 2 cans of pop!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• If your crafty this is really cute. Get an 8x10 frame, plain white paper, paint, a wallet picture of your kid and a grandma poem. (you need one of each these things per kid that you have). First cut the paper to fit the 8x10 frame. Take your kids hand and put it in the paint and put a handprint on one side of the paper with the paper laying horizontal. Print out and glue the grandma poem or write it on the other side and put the picture of your kid where there is space left. I made these for my mom and she loved them.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I received an amazing gift from my husband on my birthday. He ordered me an ambigram necklace of our names from www.flipscript.com. If you read the pendant one way, it says my name, and then when you turn it around, it says his name (which is technically what an ambigram is-- two words blended together). This is a very personal and sentimental gift if you have two names that can be blended together. From what I have seen of the site, you can also order a variety of other gifts with the ambigram on it; when my daughter is born in January, I intend to get a shirt with her name and my son's done in an ambigram.
    RyansMom2608

Answer by RyansMom2608 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2009