Are you for this or against it?

A group from (i think) Kansas came to protest at a soldiers funeral. They think all gays should be killed and that the military is wrong for the don't ask, don't tell on homosexuality. They were supposed to come and protest that, at a young man's funeral. He died in Iraq, I don't know the whole story, but just think about his family. It wasn't even against this guy personally, just the military. Why would they choose to do that at a funeral? I would think it's more reasonable to maybe do it... like outside of a military base or something.

They didn't show up but just them thinking about doing that disgusts me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• they think america is to blame for terrorism because we don't slay gays. Therefore the military is fighting for gay rights or some twisted reasoning along that line. They are nuts.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I think it is a very good thing that there is a group of bikers who have joined together with the sole purpose of attending military funerals to provide a protective barrier around mourners so these dumbasses can't get near them. I can't remember the name of the biker group, but I have alot of respect for the idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Is this that crazzzeee "preacher" and his weird ass brood of lunatics/family? They are a disgrace. Like this country doesn't have more important things to worry about than who someone sleeps with.....and they are even more disgusting for showing up to a funeral.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 11:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Westboro Baptist Church.

Why do I foresee another Jonestown on the way?

Answer by gdiamante at 12:00 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Against!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Who in the hell would be for it? They are nutbags they were to come near me once to protest two young girls funerals one of which was pregnant when they had a bad car accident.They decided not to when they heard it would basically be asking for a death wish.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:07 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• you're just now hearing about these asshats? where've you been?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• They've been doing this for yeasrs now. My son is in the military and if God forbid he had paid the ultimate price, all I can say is they would not have dared to come protest at his funeral--I think I would have gotten off on justifiable homicide--judges don't like them either!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:14 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Those people are as nuts and twisted as the people that did 9/11. They twist facts so they can be mad about something. Someone needs to knock them over the head so they can see the big picture. It all makes them feel big and powerful cause they are doing what THEY believe in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Oh yea, these crazies are unbelieveable!!....

how dare them.....oh, if i ever saw them it would be on!!....

if it wasn't for our soldiers (my husband being one of them!!!) they would even be allowed to be such as*holes!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2009