Are you for this or against it?

A group from (i think) Kansas came to protest at a soldiers funeral. They think all gays should be killed and that the military is wrong for the don't ask, don't tell on homosexuality. They were supposed to come and protest that, at a young man's funeral. He died in Iraq, I don't know the whole story, but just think about his family. It wasn't even against this guy personally, just the military. Why would they choose to do that at a funeral? I would think it's more reasonable to maybe do it... like outside of a military base or something.

They didn't show up but just them thinking about doing that disgusts me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They are a rather notorious group that claim to be Christian. I have seen them first hand... celebrating murder...

I go between revulsion, pity, and deep sadness with what they bring to the world.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Anyone in their right mind would think that these people are whackos for protesting at a funeral. I mean, what kind of heartless person would you have to be to something like this. It is one of the most disrespectful disgusting things I've ever heard of. They have a right to voice their opinions but that right obviously doesn't give the people any tact. I feel so sorry for the families of the soldiers who gave their lives for our country having to endure such a hard time while these idiots are out there protesting. Why are they doing this? It makes me so mad! Of course I'm against this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Some people abuse the name of Christianity. A true Christian would be more accepting and less judgmental. Our soldiers and their families deserve more respect than that.
    NannyTracy

Answer by NannyTracy at 11:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• They not only protest funerals, but they took there signs to elementary schools in Des Moines Iowa and protested screaming at children 5 years -preteen children because of gay marriage. These elementary school kids had nothing to do with it. And really trying to explain to these children why they are being told to go to hell and that god hates them. It takes a special king of sickness to think that  it is ok.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I would get as legally close to them as I could with my own signs that says "GOD DOESN'T HATE"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Alanplus now I had not heard that story... thats sick!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yeah the protests are not getting them enough attention anymore so they are kicking it up a notch.
    Stunts like this I honestly wonder if they do these just to get the attention, and to be able to say see we are getting persecuted just like the bible said gods chosen would.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• they were at the plane crash funeral... but thankfully there were a lot of GOOD Christians their dressed in angel wings, and blankets to blind the families from having to see them.
    (the one in clarence, NY)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Answered at 9:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 by: Alanaplus3
    They not only protest funerals, but they took there signs to elementary schools in Des Moines Iowa and protested screaming at children 5 years -preteen children because of gay marriage. These elementary school kids had nothing to do with it. And really trying to explain to these children why they are being told to go to hell and that god hates them. It takes a special king of sickness to think that it is ok.
    ~~~
    I never heard this.
    I know that there had been protesters at a school when the homosexual teachers had been talking to grade school kids about same sex marriages. The kids never should have been in the cross fire and they never should have had to hear that it is OK and normal for 2 mommies and 2 daddies. that ought not be in schools. But, hey; kick Jesus to the curb and teach perversions instead. Wonder why there are many more homeschool families? Let's mess up!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 1:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Why would anyone want to go to the funeral of anyone and protest?
    Most parents of homosexual children are already saddened enough. Not every parent like the one on here rolls out the red carpet for that kind of lifestyle.
    However, there is no excuse to disrupt a funeral for any reason.
    I honor our men and women in the military and that is how this soldier should have been treated.
    If it really happened then yes; it is sad.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 1:13 AM on Aug. 5, 2009