Guessing good news???

http://www.idahostatesman.com/235/story/854912.html?storylink=omni_popular

Less then 24 hours later Former President Bill Clinton is returning to the US with the N. Korean captured journalists.

I am glad they were released just wondering what does this mean???
Your thoughts ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Some will wonder if concessions were made.

I think it just means the North Koreans aren't that different from a toddler who throws a tantrum just to get mom's attention. They wanted attention. They got it.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• the official word, from what I heard, is that Clinton conveyed no message from the President. I'm just glad they are free. I know one and I believe both may be moms of small kids. It broke my heart to think of them missing out on much of their kids' childhoods.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:10 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think that this is great but it's not going to save the world from North Korea or any other militant country. Is Bill gonna walk into Afghanistan and get Bowe Bergdahl back? I don't think so.
    bethmags

Answer by bethmags at 12:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Um why is BILL Clinton going at all?
    greenie11

Answer by greenie11 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It is good news. Why people would put down Bill Clinton when he brought the two women back with him beats me. I daresay if they were held captive in an unpleasant foreign country they would change their tune, and very quickly too.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I wasn't putting him down. I was honestly curious as to why HE went when he DOESN'T hold an office any longer. Why didn't Hillary go? She is the Secretary of State correct?
    greenie11

Answer by greenie11 at 1:04 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm glad Clinton was able to be an ambassador for the two young women. I just wonder how it happened so quickly and who else in our government talked to Kim Jong Il and his regime to free them. I thank God that they were able to leave whatever the reason. I wish more stories like this would end as happily.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• This is ridiculous....NO ONE is questioning the obvious!!!! BILL CLINTON--FORMER president....doesn't hold any cabinet position and is not a named ambassador, went to NK, and in a matter of hours managed to secure the freedom of a couple of women who had been detained for 5 months!!!

Obama didn't do anything! I thought he was the great talker?! WHY didn't HILLARY go/accompany her husband--you know to make it LOOK as if she had somethign to do with it. Believeing the "Official word" of the White House is akin to trusting things at face value--you're accepting what they WANT you to accept. That's funny! LOL

Look, Bill caved to NK when he was president and took Carter along with him. You KNOW some back-door deal was made for their release...why else would they have been released all of a sudden?! Something is definitely fishy....the truth will come out eventually, it always does.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:09 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Did he bring along cigars? Those girls owe him BIG TIME!!! Rumor has it the plane ride home experienced a lot of turbulence.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Thank God they are back home and former President Bill Clinton helped, so what is the problem here?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Aug. 5, 2009