Are you a jewelry snob?

Do you only buy "real" jewelry? i.e. real gold and gemstones?

Or do you have both?

Or maybe you like to just buy fashion jewelry?

timelessglass

Asked by timelessglass at 12:14 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Shopping

• oh my gosh, jewelry is life, right?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I would LOVE to be a jewelry snob, but I don't have the wherewithal:) I have two real pieces of jewelry and one of those is my wedding ring. Someday....
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I dont consider myself a snob, but dh does just buy me quality jewelry to wear. I had never heard of the 4 C's of a diamond before I met him to be honest. lol
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 12:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Melindakc,

Cut, Clarity, Color and Carat weight.

Before our son was born, I had the money to buy real. These days, I'm lucky to be able to buy costume!

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:23 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i don't think i'm a snob. i buy the cheap stuff from clothing stores. i would probably question it if my husband bought me that kinda stuff, b/c normally he buys me the nice stuff. i owe quite a bit of the real stuff, but i don't always have to wear it i'll wear whatever i feel like wearing that day.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I only buy cheap fashion pieces because I have lost every piece of jewelry I've ever owned even my wedding rings, LOL!
    zianneaaliyah

Answer by zianneaaliyah at 8:35 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have real stuff, but I have a ring from target that silver with mother of pearl in it. does that count??
    beaugrl0824

Answer by beaugrl0824 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Never been called a jewelry snob.....but yeah I buy real only because I'm allergic to metals that aren't gold or sterling silver. My skin is so sensitive I am allergic to the little button brads that touches your skin on the inside of your jeans. I also have to put clear packaging tape around the metal of my belt buckles. Mignon Faget is the only jewelry I can walk into the store and pick anything and not have to worry about whether or not I'll be allergic to it. I have some fake stuff but it's been sitting in my jewelry box since I was 10.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 8:57 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have a number of real pieces - but I also have a huge collection of fake stuff. One of my favorites stores is Dustee's ( cheap costume accessories and everyday jewelry) . Why be a snob; pretty is pretty rather it's real or not. I've never received more comments on my real pieces than I have on the costume stuff.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I will admit that before meeting my husband I wasn't that big of a fan of jewlery. I mean I had a few pairs of ear rings that I wore but that was it. I met him and he started to buy me quality jewlery as gifts and yes, all of it is real. I will also admit that I don't like diamonds - so my engagement ring is an Aquamarine jem stone and it's fabulous!

My girls have all real gold and silver. My inlaws are really into jewlery and most purchases for our girls are made when my FIL visits his family in Indonesia and it's all 24c (the really good stuff). My MIL has passed her engagement ring down to our oldest (who is only 11) because she is the first Grand daughter and it also was her MIL's engagement ring. Needless-to-say our daughter will not be wearing it no time soon. I'm to afraid she'll lose it.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 5, 2009