due date

ok well the last time i had an u/s my doctor told me i was due sep 15th but by going by my period im due sep 22th. what should i go by?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The later date.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• ide go by the doctors date from the u/s.,
    i didnt remember the exact date of my period because i was kind of irregular&it was a short period and we just guestimated.. so i went by the due date they gave me and i had my son the day before the date!
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Whats wrong with just using the general time- Mid sept? It doesn't matter what the exact date is, unless you're going to have a scheduled delivery that baby is going to come whenever its good and ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'd go with the later date personally. My reasoning is that it gives you 7 extra days of no one pressuring you into unnecessary interventions such as induction ;) Not to mention, if the U/S date is wrong and they induce at say 38 weeks, that would make your baby 37 weeks which can be harmful.

That's me though.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 12:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• cuz sep 22th makes me 40 weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• They start estimating by the first day of your last period. The due date can and usually will change a bit after a few weeks. However, by now, your doctor knows the gestation of the baby due to regular exams, measurements and U/S. Go with what the doctor is telling you. That is your best bet.
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 1:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• P.S. Most women don't give birth ON their due date anyway. Don't sweat it. Just know it will be mid-Sept and plan for that. ;)
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 1:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• its prety mucha guess as far as when you will actually deliver. they changed my due date when i was 36 weeks, but i delivered 1 day before my original date
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• just plan for mid- to late- sept. most women go over their "due date". baby will come when baby is ready.
    if they go by your LMP, that's only slightly accurate if you have a 28 day cycle.
    also, some babies just like to cook a little longer, which they need to then.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2009