What's your life's purpose?

I'm reading The Purpose Driven Life and decided I would post the questions daily and my responses anyone is more than welcomed to respond to the daily questions.

Day 1:

Point to Ponder: It's not about me.

Verse to Remember: "Everything got started in him and finds purpose in him" Colossians 1:16
Question to Consider:

In spite of all the advertising around me how can I remind myself that life really is about living for God not myself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My Purpose in life is to be the best mommy that I can to my 3 (almost 4) children. God gave them to me to raise for his Glory, a huge responsibility and a real challenge at times, but so rewarding. My second purpose in life is to help other moms who are struggling financially, and really desire to be able to stay home with their kids. I love giving moms hope that they truely can stay home and raise their children and earn an income at the same time.
    Thanks for posting this, very inspiring to see the Bible Text included, looking forward to seeing more of your posts!
    Amy Nichols
    www.EnhancingFamilies.com - Helping Moms To Be Able To Afford To Stay Home With Their Kids
    amynic

Answer by amynic at 1:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It is all about Him. Jesus. Salvation and making it to Heaven and hoping others choose that way too.
    Then it is all about my family and animals. I have my kids and Granddaughter and many other kids that we have shared our life with; and all their little ones. I have 13 rescue dogs and I love them all and spend a lot of time with them.
    My family also includes all brothers and sisters in the Lord.
    Then everybody else.
    How do you remind yourself?
    i might be a little confused at what you are asking; but I would say...make Him first in your life and then you won't have to be reminded.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 1:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• HONOR GOD IN ALL THINGS AND ALL WAYS AND ALWAYS FROM START TO FINNISH AND IN THE END YOU GET TO GO BE WITH THE QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY PURE QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY OMNIPOTENT GOD WHO IS ALL QINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY SO SWEET AND KIND AND GOOD AND ALL GOOD AND TOO QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY PERFECT IN ALL WAYS AND ALL QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY A GREAT AND WONDOROUS LORD WHO IS A KING AND NOT A man but GOD INCARNATE WHICH WAS BORN ON QUINTESSENTTIALLY QUINTESSENTTIALLY A DAY when quintessenttially no day like any other when the lord was born and born to be a king AMEN
    meagain_age55

Answer by meagain_age55 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• im about doing my fathers work... Helping people Get saved and tell them about the Lord and he dont want anyone to go to hell :) ... I am here to serve the Lord...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• MY LIFE'S MISSION IS TO PROTECT THE DISCRIMINATED UPON, TO HELP GAY YOUTH COME TO TERMS WITH THEIR IDENTITY AND BRING PEACE AND CALM AND LOVE INTO THEIR LIVES.

Answer by older at 8:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Why is living for yourself and your family so wrong? People have common sense and do not need God to make the right decisions concerning how to life a loving, fulfilled life. It saddens me that more people do not put faith in themselves or take credit for accomplishments they've achieved. You're purpose shouldn't be to serve God, but to take what you learn, apply it and do what is right because you want to help others, love others and be the best person you can be. If you'd never heard of God, what would your purpose be? Would your life be meaningless? No... it wouldn't.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:19 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My "lifes mission" is to learn and grow from my experiences and to serve where I can.

I can honor the Divine by honoring and respecting my family and friends and those others around me.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My purpose in life I think changes as I grow as a person. At this point in my life I think my purpose is to be the best wife and mother I can be and show my children to love Christ. That no problem is too big for God to handle, no good deed goes unnoticed, any worry you have should be given up in prayer.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My response to the question how can you remind yourself that it's all about God is try doing something for someone else. A lot of times if you focus on doing something for someone else you forget about your own problems and sometimes realize how things could be worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2009