Anonymous Answers

Im really rolling with the questions here
but im addicted to these things but still pretty new.. &dont understand
why do people answer questions anonymously? If its a personal q/a, or controversial or something - i understand.. but for the simple ones.. ?
its hard to keep track of who is who!

Samanthao2006

Asked by Samanthao2006 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in About CafeMom

• b/c ppl here make a big funckin big deal , for any little shit.

did i answer your question?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I prefer too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Personally, I think it's because people lack the guts to stand behind their convictions. It's easy to be a bitch or to pick on someone from behind the anon button, but would those same people say the things they do if they had to use their names? I don't think so.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• umm,,, canadianmom1972 talking about yourself

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I like answering anon because I am brutally honest. Some people don't like that and hassle me for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• lol i see all the points
    but to canadianmom: ide rather stand behind my opinions too.
    i joined the sight to get to know other moms and share my opinions, and i just kind of think that in SOOOOOME cases, the Anon button kind of prevents that...

ive definetly seen that there are A LOT of people that are closeminded and shut people down for the way they think.. (so i get the Anon thing)
    but is pretty messed up, because again, i thought that was kind of the purpose of the site.. but idk
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• The answers section is a public section of cafemom and therefore available to any search engine unlike private profiles. I don't want to put my screen name out there on the WWW more than I need to.

I also think for some people it is a good thing in that no one needs to know TMI situations but sometimes answers are needed. As for the rudeness, If people would just click the report button these people would go away. CM knows who they are and they will get dinged for it. It's not like it anyone will know who reported what.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• There are a lot of reasons that people post anonymously, some mentioned above. Some people want to remain completely anonymous just because. This section of CM is public and anything posted here shows up in a google search. Some people do not care for that. Others do not like people popping up on their page to bash them just because they didn't like how someone answered a question. Some people do it intentionally so they can be rude. Others do it just to make people ask this question, lol!!! But remember, just because some people answer anonymously it really does NOT mean they are not standing behind their word. A lot of people have very valid reasons to post that way. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:01 AM on Aug. 5, 2009