has anyone

Has anyone while pregnant shaved their vaginia and have it hurt while shaving pregnant? sorry if its tmi

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've never shaved my vagina (lol), but I have shaved my pubic hairs and did up til the week I delivered my child. It's no different than doing when your not pregnant. Except it's harder to reach, lol. I suggest getting a handheld mirror to do it with OR having your partner do it for you (I love my hubby, lmao)
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 1:09 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have found this amazing stuff called Coochy that works wonders for shaving! It helps so much with the irritation and redness and all that messiness that comes with shaving. Its kind of expensive but so worth it. My DH even uses it on his face. Get mine at the local "toy" store. Don't know why you wouldnt be able to shave while pg. I've had people tell me to shave before labor because cleaning the blood out of hair might be too painful.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Sometimes your skin is more sensitive? Maybe that's what you're talking about? If so, I 100% 2nd that recommendation for Coochy! I HAVE to have a bottle when I shave! Shaving used to hurt me afterwards but that stuff works miracles!
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 1:19 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• All I know is now I'm trying this Cootchie stuff! BTW, pregnant women are more prone to ingrown hairs and irritations from shaving. That could be your problem. I started noticing shaving irritations "down south" a couple weeks before I even knew I was pregnant. Another lovely symptom we can now add to our list? LOL
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 1:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i couldn't imagine the pain of shaving my vagina. ouch ouch ouch. i have shaved my labia though. there's increased blood flow so you are probably more sensitive down there. take it slow and use a mirror if you can't see over your belly. you'l lbe fine.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I use the lotion...so I do not have to deal with that. Your doing good since you can see down there!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 3:13 AM on Aug. 5, 2009