Keratosis Pilaris

Does any have this or have a child with it?

After battling "eczema" for 2.5 years, my 3 year old was finally diagnosed with this. It explains everything and why I was never able to keep it under control.

My pedi recommended an aplha hydroxy lotion, but I'm not quite sure if I'm 100% comfortable with using lactic acid on my child's skin. I've noticed a change on his thighs so far, but still...

Does anyone have an tips for dealing with this or any treatment recommendations to help keep it under control?

Thanks!

NDFanatik

Asked by NDFanatik at 1:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Health

• i have it. from what i've read, there's not a whole lot you can do about it. it doesn't bother me except that my chest and arms look goose-bumpy all the time. i also get dry skin spots similar to eczema sometimes- not sure if that's because of the KP or not but i put vitamin E oil on the spots and they go away pretty quickly.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I know that excema can be helped by eliminating dairy...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• rkoloms... It's not eczema. It was improperly diagnosed as that. I was treating my son's KP wrongly thinking it was eczema when it wasn't.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 10:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2009