my year old & bottle.

my daughter will be a year next week and she takes a bottle before bed still. she loves her sippy in the day and she does not take a bottle at all in the day..but at night she takes one. i know it's probably bad, i wanted to kno if other moms have done the same thing and what they did to wean him/her off night bottle.

blueside22

Asked by blueside22 at 1:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i just took the bottle away and never gave it back! he gets a sippy cup with formula, milk, or juice in it... my little boy turned 1 on the 22nd! i took it away on the 19th and we have been bottle free everysince! good luck!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 1:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i only used the bottle for water nothing else juice , milk , etc was only served in a sippy cup and @11 months he stopped drinking from a bottle.
    mommyttc

Answer by mommyttc at 2:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i disagree. i BF, and my son turned one last month, and i plan to continue until he is ready to stop.

should it be any different with a bottle? i dont think so.
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 3:22 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I let my son have his bottle till he was ready to give it up. He threw it away when he was 2.5 years old. He only used it for milk in the morning and evenings. I see no problem with it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:22 AM on Aug. 5, 2009