giving a friend a makeover: good or bad?

I was want you opinions on this topic that has came up. My best friend and I had planned to give our best friend a surprise make over, to help boost her selfesteem. She was picked on alot through HS for her weight, and she never really seemed confident, and her parents were very strict on her wearing make up and trying to perk herself up. Now shes in college and we planned this surprise for her, to help her boost her confidience, and I was discussing the issue with my husband bc I recently sold my car, and he said it was my money to do with as I pleased. I saved money for a new stroller for my baby and for their christmas and with the rest I would like to treat my friend to something I feel she really deserves. My husband says that its irrespondsible to take care of a friend like that... but I'm not so sure I feel the same way... I have my priorites in check, so is it really a bad thing to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's a great thing to do! But exactly how much are you thinking on spending? I mean $150 from you and the other friend would be $300 to do a little something. You don't want to put too much money into a first time deal because what if she doesn't like the new look and goes back to her old look. GL and it id nice of you to do this.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 2:10 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Why not check with a Mary Kay consultant , have her do the "makeove" then order products from her? It would be alot cheaper than doing it at the mall
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:19 AM on Aug. 5, 2009