would this hurt your feelings?

im a sahm mom to a two yr old boy .. we spend every single day in with one another. and i think we are close.. i love the crap out of that little guy.we go to apartment pool.. we have snacks at the park.. we read every night and take a bath every day. and my dh today.. he has done this before.. he went to go see his family they live abt less then hr awy.. both him and my little guy where gone all day.. yes lonely but nice bc ive suffering come migranes latley. so i took a hot bath and slept all day..
anywy when my ds got home he was happy ran in played with our dog.. he missed our dog more more then me. and i kept saying baby give mommie a hug i missed u.. well whatever .. no hug no kiss. i went up and kissed him my self.. then like right before bed time.. he sat in my lap and kissed me. but i wil admit i spend every day with him and he had like no seperation aniexty at all.. but i guess its a good thing to..lol.. bc no guilt

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• i know it probably feels dumb to be hurt, but i would be hurt too. i remember when i went back to work, i felt so bad that she would scream when i left, then when she stopped caring and would be like bye mommy or not even say bye when i said bye to her, i'd feel like what happened to the baby who didn't want me to even walk out the door? so yes i'd probably feel the same way. he still loves you, he just had an exciting day and its good for them to spend a little time away from us on occasion gives us a time to regroup and get some rest and gives them some time to see other perspectives on things. so just enjoy the fact that at least he had fun and didn't scream bloody murder the whole time he was gone.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think that it is a good thing. See, they know mom is constant. It is a for sure thing that mom is there for them. He doesn't have separation anxiety because he hasn't had to deal with it. It means you are doing something right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• That's really sweet of you but I wouldn't worry. My daughter didn't act attached to me until she was around 4. Now she loves me to death.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Been there done that. My little guy will actually make plans with his dad that don't include me. He will make sure we all know that I can't go. Dad has worked with him to soften the blow so now he will say "but I still love you mommy". Yeah right! =/ On the other hand he has attachment issues in the other direction so it's good for him to "want" to be away from me.

Be glad that you have a well adjusted child who can spend time away from you without worrying. The fact that he played with the dog first doesn't mean he loves it more, just that he is content with his world.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think sometimes the stay at home parent is ignored by the child because they know we're around all the time and we're kind of a fixture in their lives. My daughter was very much like this, she really didn't notice when I was not around but she did notice when my husband wasn't around. My twins are the opposite though, they act like I've been gone for ages when I return from the store or a meeting. It's only normal to have your feelings hurt but try to remember that he's a toddler and they can be very fickle with their emotions. Of course you are more important than the dog but at the time all he could think about was the fact that he missed the dog, possibly the dog was the first "family member" that he saw when he walked it?
    Scrappymommyof3

Answer by Scrappymommyof3 at 5:31 AM on Aug. 5, 2009