how do I get back into the dating scene with 2 children?

I've been out of the dating scene and I dont know where to start.I know friendship is the major starting point but I dont want to get burned like I did from my childrens father.....can anyone give me pointers.Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• See thats just it your still scared that you are going to get burned like you did with your kids dad. I was the same way,when you let that go you will see that not all guys are asses!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think you get back into the dating scene by waiting until some man who wants a wife comes looking for a woman who wants to be a wife. The mistake so many women make is that they become the pursuer rather than the pursued. Men then get the wrong idea about them, thinking they are only looking for a man. There's a big difference between looking for a man and in looking for a husband. Men are smart enough to know this, and many of them are too willing to take advantage of it. The men who are truly looking for wives don't like this kind of women, and they are very quick to recognize when you are not one of them. Even if you are unlucky enough to convince one of the other kind that he should marry you, it won't last because it's built on the wrong foundation. So, learn to be happy as a single mom. Wait for the man who wants you. And if he never comes, you will be better off than you would be with the wrong man.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:55 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I imagine you learned a lot from your first marriage, about what you want/need and don't want/need. For me, I knew firsthand that what seemed exciting when i was 20, was just not stable when i was 30. Just take things slow - my dh is someone that i never thought i would date, he just wasn't my "type," but we were in school together and became friends . . . and then something more came out of that.
    Also, know that your kids are your first priority and you can enjoy being a family with or without a man. Don't keep waiting for a man to start your life - just keep going and someone may come along.

Answer by missanc at 8:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• it's like swimming, you just have to jump in the water and start swimming and see how it goes. The more you do it the more confident you feel. Keep your eyes open and when you see you are headed toward the side of the pool toward a problem then turn away and go in another direction.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• dont introduce your kids to a bunch of men. make sure hes the one first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009