Doctor wanting to induce.

My doctor says that since I am so miserable and that since I am 39 weeks and 4 days that they will induce me. I told him absolutely no and that the baby will come when she's ready. The doc thinks it would be best if I just got induced because he says me being miserable is only going to hurt the baby...I really really want to have her now, but I don't have the heart to be induced I am so against it unless for health reason. I am just looking for some mommy's who agree with me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You've got one here. The pitocin they use is the drug of the devil, I tell you!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think you should wait, if you being miserable isnt hurting the baby...in some cases it can. In the mean time you should try some natural ways of going into labor like sex, walking ect. Good luck, the last few weeks are the hardest but Im sure you know that lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I agree with that fact that whatever you want to do is right for you. If you think that you shouldn't be induced than stick with that plan. I agree that she will come when she wants to. Later if you change your mind then you have that right. This is your baby and your body. Good luck.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 2:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• YOU GO GIRL! I'm against induction unless absolutely necessary! My last child I even had it set up with my O that induction was not even a THOUGHT until I was at least 43 weeks, lol. And even then I wanted to wait ;) It will end soon and I totally understand wanting the baby out (I went overdue with both my kids) but it's really in the best interest of teh baby to wait til s/he's ready. Stick to your guns girl!!

((hugs))
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 2:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i am happy to hear that no matter how miserable you are that your not willing to risk your babies health for your own comfort KUDOS! stick to your guns stay med free!

you made me all warm and fuzzy inside. i expected to have to educate some silly girl on how bad induction is. lol
    BabyBoyMatthew

Answer by BabyBoyMatthew at 2:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You have the right to refuse any procedure. There is no need to induce at this point. Baby will come when he/she is ready, and you can try some natural inducers, like sex, walking, spicy food, etc. There are also herbal concoctions you can try, but ultimately, Baby will come on his/her own schedule. Hang in there! Good luck, and be STRONG! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:21 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i had 3 successful inductions but i personally believe it's a personal choice. that worked for me but it doesn't work for everyone.

have you tried sex to get the ball rolling on your own? a birthing ball can also help with the pain something about the way you sit in it.
    good luck!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• it is definately your choice. if there is no medical need, you should not be bullied into it. good luck!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Unless you are stressing over being miserable I don't see how it would hurt the baby. DO NOT allow that doctor to bully you into something you know is wrong. Once you get that IV you will not be moving and it automatically increases your chances of a c-section by 25%!!!! My doc with the second kept asking me when I wanted to be induced so that we could arrange child care for the first!!! I finally snapped at her around 38 weeks (she started asking us to schedule it around 35 weeks) and told her the baby would come when she was ready and that our babysitter knew full well if we called at 2 am we were dropping off our son then. She had 2 of her own that came early with no inductions and knew that they come when they come!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i'm so happy to hear that you don't want the induction!!!! kudos to you! why put your baby and yourself at risk?! how is your being miserable going to hurt the baby? your dr is a nitwit, and probably just wants to induce so you don't wreck anything in his schedule. rest, drink plenty of fluids, and go for a swim. that helped me a lot (it took a lot of pressure off).
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:23 AM on Aug. 5, 2009