Need good answers, accurate ones too please

I am pregnant with my second right now and also about to start college. Well school will be coming back from Christmas break right around my due date (with DD I carried late so I know this baby wont be born til I start going back to school) So I am wondering what you all would do in this situation? Would you go back to school right after having the baby or take a semester off? Will colleges let you have a few weeks off??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in

• ask your college if they allow weeks off or offer you to do the h/w at home....but i personally would hold off a semester
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:04 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• if iam in ur place 100% i take off and i take care of baby see ur convienince and do those days wont come back
    himasri

Answer by himasri at 4:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think you should yake off a semister only because the first few months are very important to be with your child.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My sister was in graduate school when my nephew was born; the program met every other weekend; she had a c-section and missed one week of school.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I am in college & have 2 kids. When I went back to school my kids were 2 & 4. It was tough then & still now when they're 9 and 7. I think that going to school & taking care of a newborn would be extremely tough. I would suggest taking a semester off. You will extremely busy & sleep deprived with a newborn & your other child and having classes to worry about will just overwhelm you (in my opinion at least). I know that my college has forms to fill out for things such as extending a semester or taking a leave of absence. I've never taken time off, but I'm sure it's for things like pregnancy, family emergencies, illness, and so forth. Good luck to you.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• ask your school, but my dd took all last summer off of her RN to help me when my dh was diagnosed with cancer and she took on watching her nephew for me the whole summer... they even held a spot for her... she is now back in full swing and will have her RN degree in a couple of yrs...

Good Luck
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I am almost done with school and it has been tough. You should ask your school for advice they might have different class hours or days you can take or tell you how much time you could miss. I have a friend who needed to work so she is taken her last few classes online from her college. All schools especially around the U.S. are diferent. Check with school. good luck!
    leovirgo_mom3

Answer by leovirgo_mom3 at 7:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Definitely talk to your school first. I am pregnant & due about a month before this semester will end (bleh), so I registered for mostly online classes & the two lecture classes I am taking, my professors understand my situation & one has given me an extension already, if I need it & the other is just an art class, so she said I can paint at home & have someone bring them in for me. the only reason I wouldn't suggest taking the semester off is 'cause it can be difficult to get back into the swing of things at school. you can do it!! good luck, mama
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Take on line classes for that semester or see if you can skip a semester due to child birth and go back after.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i would take a semester off..children come first! especially a newborn..thats such an important bonding time between you and your lil one..i wouldnt ruin that. good luck!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2009