8 month and biting

when my 8 month old gets really mad about something she shakes her head while trying to bite what ever part of you she can get toes fingers nose whatever anyone else have this problem oh ya she has 2 teeth to

angelmommy83338

Asked by angelmommy83338 at 2:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wow!!! She seems awfully young!!!! Mine was a year, bit me once and I bit her very softly back. She has bit me once now in 9 mos and that was out of anger which was put to a stop immediately! I normally feel biting back works wonders, but at 8 mos old......... hopefully she stops soon! I know that hurts, my dd bit me one with her 2 teeth and my MIL once as well! LOL we learned to stop putting our fingers in there after that!

I'm sorry! Sounds like she is a VERY quick learner! I guess because she is so young, maybe get up and walk away when she does it.... kind of like "i'm done playing with you until you're nice" kind of deal???? I personally never encountered that... gl!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:57 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my daughter did this around 9 months for about a week than gave up on it til she was about 1 1/2. we would get up and walk away whenever she did so. like i said it ended up only lasting about a week. i would say something like "oh no victoria bit me, i can't play with little girls who use their mouths to be mean thats not nice" something silly sounding along those lines as i walked away. when she was 1 1/2 and tried it, i bit back (not hard) but b/c she was then old enough to grasp the concept of biting = hurting and she stopped doing it after i bit her back.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:10 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• she has been doing this for about a month now i just dont know what to do it keeps getting worse
    angelmommy83338

Answer by angelmommy83338 at 3:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• just keep firmly saying something simple like 'uh uh, no biting' of 'dont bite mommy' and put her down so she understands her behavior is not going to get a reaction (yelling ouch is sometimes seen as fun for a baby) and that she doesnt get to be with you when she bites.

my son went through a stage for several weeks when he would bite all the time, we noticed he would bite if he was either overwhelmed (too much stimulation) really tired or really hungry.

so once we knew what his 'triggers' were, we could be pro active, as well as reactive.

it is common, though, so dont feel too badly.
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 3:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2009