question for mature Christian believers please...

well this is a very serious question, do you think that my bulimia is causing me to find it hard to get up and keep going in the path of the Lord ? i mean i can't pray or i find it hard to believe sometimes

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it is the devil that is trying to take your mind of the Lord and putting it on other things to make you think of everything but the Lord.. You have to keep your eyes on the Lord and dont take them off ...Dont let the devil put things in your mind .. You know GOd is real and you believe in him :) Look around you will believe :) God bless if you need to talk im here :)

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Although I am not Christian, there are a lot of wonderful Christian Moms on here who will help you out with prayer and find your strength again. I hope you feel better soon.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm supposed to be in bed but got back on for a second for some reason :-) I'm glad I saw your question. I will pray for you.

It is important to remember that bulimia is an eating disorder second and a psychological disorder first. Many times bulimics deal with depressing issues that are out of their control and controlling a function of your own body just to have a say in something, while the rest of the world spirals out of control around you, feels right.  I think that God gave us wonderful physicians and counselors to guide us through problems like this, while keeping everything in prayer and trusting him.

Before making decisions about your faith and what you do and don't believe, seek professional help for the feelings that you have and to get your body healthy.  In addition, pray and ask God to make your spirit whole. 

Good luck and God bless!

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:35 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• pnwmom that was very nice of you thanks
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm not Christian, But there are some very wonderful Christian moms on CM and I hope they come by to respond.

FWIW, I will pray that you will find peace and comfort in this battle that you have and for you to be able to move past it. I know it's a very long and hard road to travel and I hope you have people in your life that understand how much of a struggle this is.
    AmmuJSE

Answer by AmmuJSE at 3:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i thank you all for your prayers and support! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yes, now the devil is to blame because you pig out and throw up. Everything is either the devils fault or Gods blessing. You only accept Gods blessings when it convenoences you and account for your own life not blame all your lifes faults or physical problems on the devil. ACCOUNTABILITY! Ladies! Wake up! I swear sometimes I think we are living in a Jim Jones society.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• NL gave wonderful advice. I've added you to my prayer list and will have others to pray for you as well.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Prayers with you now. I think since you are realizing that you have a problem to address and you are seeking help to get out of it is a positive, wonderful, courageous first step. Many problems are never fought alone but through faith.

Remember these things as they have helped many women through various struggles in life. Take one day at a time, pray often, seek guidance and be good to yourself. You have one body and one life, be so thankful for the time you have here. God be with you.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm not a christian...

but I know something of bulimia. It can take away your nutrients. Leave you anemic, etc. All this, will make you fatigue. Bulimia is also a more mental disease. (please don't get upset at the wording, I was once bulimic too). Between the stress mentally, AND physically, it can make it hard to concentrate on anything demanding attention, such as prayer.

do I think it is effect your spiritual life? Yes. Prayer (regardless of your beliefs or how it is done) takes a certain amount of energy to retain it's conviction. Stress alone can drain your energy, but mix it with physical drainage.. and I wouldn't definitely say it is a factor. There are groups here on CM that can help you however. Take the time to search through bulimia groups, and talk to your pastor/priest. They should all be able to help you overcome what needs to be concurred in order to regain your conviction to your faith.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2009