Coughing Toddler

I have noticed my toddler (20 months) coughing a bit at night( she is doing it more tonight) and yes people I will take her to the Dr if it continues. My question is, if you live in a region where you have allergies does your little one do this? She hardly coughs at all during the day but tonight I had to put on her humidifier and give her a little benadryl. So. do you have a cougher?

kelsbecca619

Asked by kelsbecca619 at 3:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Please, do I ever. When my son gets a cough it's horrible. Poor guy. I make hot tea with lemon and I let him add the honey. He isn't fond of tea but the mix does help coat the throat and ease the pain from coughing. I do home your little one feels better soon...
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Jakers had it the last few weeks. Started out as allergies but then just kept going. I finally got it and had to take steroids to get over it! Ughhh
    satilia

Answer by satilia at 10:09 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• The benadryl helped but I think she just gets that crud at night too.. I mean I wake up every morning hacking! I am seriously thinking about getting an air purifier anyways. And our house is little so it would only take one good one!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Has she been tested for asthma? My daughter had that, then she was finally diagnosed with asthma and once she started the treatments, she no longer coughs at night unless she is sick.
    sondamom0828

Answer by sondamom0828 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• we had to get an air cleaner for our house. My daughter was doing this when she was younger. The Dr. said that the air gets to still at night the crap that is in the air just settles. It helped her. Hope that it helps her.
    busybeemom820

Answer by busybeemom820 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 6, 2009