does the devil know your name?

Does the Devil Know Your Name?

What does it matter if the devil knows your name?
Why would you want the devil to know your name?
Why even think about what the devil knows or doesn’t know?

Jewish men tried to cast a demon out: Acts 19. There were seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, who had heard how God was working through Paul. They tried to use the name of Jesus as Paul was doing to drive out an evil spirit and had an interesting conversation with a demon. In verse 15 it says: One day, the evil spirit answered them, Jesus I know, and I know about Paul, but who are you? The evil spirit beat up all seven and they ran away naked and bleeding.

Can you understand the importance of this question now?

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 3:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yup! He knows my name real well and I know his.  Better than that he knows the name of Jesus as he pees in his pants in fear!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• The point of this for me is that I hope the demons do know my name. I hope they know that I am walking with God and that they would want to avoid walking in my path. I hope they dread thinking of all the trouble I am causing for their side because of the way I teach others about Jesus. I hope they know my name and the work that God is able to accomplish through me.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Just like the woman that gave a speech says and now I do it too. She challenged each of us to be the kind of woman of whom, we wake up each morning and our feet hit the ground, the demons say, "Oh no, she’s awake!"

Does your spiritual life challenge the demons?

What do they know about you from the way you live in Christ?
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yep, I tattooed it on his ass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Please ask a normal question that is answerable and don't go off on your rants. Aren't there other site for this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Good question and replies bloodbought. Yes, the devil knows our names as was evidenced earlier tonight by several of his demons who were trounced and bounced pretty good when they got feisty and careless.

Ignore the troublesome trolls, they get bored under the bridge. LOL.

wildflowergal

Answer by wildflowergal at 5:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think the power came from the faith of Jesus and Paul, correct?
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 5:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• eehhh probably does. Now the question is do i care? Nope sure do not. Have a nice day now.

autumnsunris113

Answer by autumnsunris113 at 6:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

Yes. Jesus always had the power because He is God; Paul received the power because he believed fully in God and was baptized in the Holy Spirit - which is the power of God.

wildflowergal

Answer by wildflowergal at 7:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• LMAO! :02, Why am I up at 8am? Baby crying -husband farting. True argument here, why is anyone getting reported? Did you and the other mom really get reported? Did you get deleted? I do not believe so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Aug. 5, 2009